We are a growing, dynamic software house specialising in software development for internet and PC address management solutions.
IT Service Desk Analyst / 1st Line Support
We are looking for a highly motivated IT Service Desk Analyst / 1st Line Support to provide first class technical support for our market-leading software products.
As our IT Service Desk Analyst / 1st Line Support person, you will be responsible for providing telephone, email or remote technical support for software issues that need to be resolved within agreed SLAs. You will therefore have great communication skills including excellent written and spoken English. The ability to troubleshoot and prioritise multiple tasks coupled with exceptional time management skills with a commitment to helping customers solve problems.
Dealing with customers in a helpful, co-operative and friendly manner, your duties will include:
- Accurately diagnosing software issues based on the information you have been provided.
- Obtaining any missing information about a problem through clear communication.
- Following a set of steps to replicate an issue.
- Updating case notes so customers can be informed of current status at anytime.
- Liaising with the software development and service teams, ensuring software issues are resolved efficiently and accurately.
- Data loading, processing and manipulation.
- Querying the customer’s database to help identify any issues with the data.
- Maintaining a knowledge base of common problems and solutions.
- Keeping up-to-date with our products.
- Software testing of our bespoke products.
The successful applicant will either have 12-24 months experience in a software support role, or you may be a graduate who has worked a relevant placement year. Either way, you will need a working knowledge of databases, such as SQL Server and Oracle. Full training on our products will be given.
Whilst not essential, a qualification in a computer-related discipline would be beneficial to your application. Similarly, knowledge of C# and .NET languages would be advantageous.
This is a great opportunity for a technical support professional with knowledge of databases to develop their career within an agile company that’s highly reputed for innovation, delivery and customer care. We are market leaders in our field with major customers in our portfolio.
Under normal circumstances this position is based in our office in Woking, Surrey. Due to the current Covid-19 Government advice it would initially be working from home so the ability to remote desktop is required.
- All candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
- Candidates should live within a 1 hour commute of Woking, Surrey
- All candidates must be in a position to obtain UK security clearance
- Candidates to specify salary requirements when applying
Please email email@example.com with your CV and a covering letter stating your salary requirements.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities for all, irrespective of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, religion, sexuality, transgender and working patterns.
Please note that we don’t recruit from agencies.